Sunday 16 October 2011

Konrad and cords



Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. – Ecclesiastes 4v12

One of our found memories of the many people who have come through here is a Polish guy named Konrad. He was such a blessing. We met him at Superquinn while asking for cupcake papers. He looked a lot like Aragon from the Lord of the Rings films. Caleb was working there at the time and we soon realised that he was a believer who had felt like he was all alone here. He was thrilled to find Caleb and was excited to find a church, even one as tiny as ours was at that time. Eventually we had the privilege of having a part of his wedding to a lovely Christian lady named Asia.

We have many found memories of our time with Konrad. I could almost write a book about the times we spent with him.

One incident ties in to this passage and that is what brought him to mind this morning. He came to Bible study one evening really excited. His English was not great and he had read this verse in Polish. He was trying to explain it, but had a hard time getting it out. We finally figured it and found the passage in both his Polish and my English Bibles.

He said – ‘This like me and Caleb at Superquinn. One, alone will break. Two together are stronger. Now I come to church and many (maybe 10-12 at the time) hard to break!

What a blessed truth and great encouragement what was and is today as I remember it. It reminds me of the importance of fellowship, even in relatively small numbers. Praise God even for two or three or can find strength in each other! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had time to read many of your reflections lately, but when I do they bless me. Thanks for this reminder about fellowship.