Sunday 25 April 2010

He will guard the feet of His saints

He will guard the feet of His saints, But the wicked shall be silent in darkness. "For by strength no man shall prevail. – 1 Samuel 2v9

I like the reminders in God’s word about the fact that it does not really matter how strong we are when it comes to serving the Lord. I recently spoke on David and Goliath on one occasion and Caleb and the mountain on another. Both times I mentioned a few passages that reminded us in other place about how God works. God uses the weak, foolish, and base things of the world. We live not by our strength or might, but by His spirit. The Lord can save by many or by few. The battle is not ours but the Lords. Great passages that stir my heart even this morning, but here we have yet another example that I don’t think I have noticed before.

‘For by strength no man shall prevail.’

What a wonderful truth that is. I like the first part of the verse as well when it reminds us that God will guard our feet. That reminds me that though the path might be slippery and at times it may seem that I am about to slip and fall and hurt myself God is always there protecting my feeble efforts, because I can’t prevail by my own strength anyway.

He will guard our steps today. We can’t prevail over the opposition on our own. The giants are too big, the enemy is too strong for us to do anything, so why not just trust Him?

No comments: