Thursday 8 April 2010

Choose

And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." – Joshua 24v15

It’s all about choices. Every day and in so many ways we deal with choice after choice after choice. So often our circumstances and situations are a result of our choices.

After the great conquest of the land Joshua spoke to the people. ‘Now is your chance. It is time to choose who you are going to serve. Will you serve the false gods which your fathers served? Will you serve the false gods here in this land? My family has made a choice, we will serve the Lord.’

I like Joshua’s words and his choice. They had already decided. No matter what came their way they were going to serve the Lord. When trials came they were going to serve the Lord. When hard times came they were going to serve the Lord. When opposition arose they were going to serve the Lord.

With that kind of determination the daily, minor choices should be mostly sorted. My choices today should be based on my decision to serve the Lord. All of my choices should be focused on serving Him.

‘As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.’ We may have made that choice. The question we must ask ourselves is whether or not we are living it.

No comments: