Thursday 18 March 2010

His work is perfect

He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He. – Deuteronomy 32v4

I don’t always ‘get’ what God is doing. Sometimes it makes no sense to my mind and it does not fit into my planes. I have admittedly at times stepped back and asked myself ‘What is God doing here.’

It is easy enough to see how we get there. We have a financial blow. We lose a job. The care breaks down. Someone we love gets really sick. Someone dies. Our family and friends disappoint us. We have a house fire. All the while we are striving to serve God and do His will.

And yet we read here that ‘His work is perfect.’ How can that be? How can His way be perfect when everything can seem to be going wrong at once?

Because His perspective and my perspective are not the same. Because I am a sin cursed fallible human and He is holy fallible God. Because my ways and not His ways and my thoughts are not His thoughts. Because His ways are so high above my ways that I can never hope to really grasp them.

Isn’t this the root of faith; that we acknowledge His work as perfect even when we don’t get it?

His way is always perfect. His ways are always just.

The sooner we get that figured out the happier we will be.

No comments: