Tuesday 15 July 2008

My confidence

being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; - Philippians 1v6


There is a great principle in this passage that I think we can apply to many situations. It is pretty simple – God always finishes what He starts. He does not quit, he does not go back, He does not fail, He always finishes the job.

While this principle can be applied to many situations, here it deal with one thing; our salvation. I know that there are some out there who strongly disagree with me on this one, but it is passages like this that make it so clear to be. God is the author of my salvation. He is the “starter” of it. He is His plan, His work, done by His grace, and it will be carried to fruition by Him and Him alone. If I started it, maybe I could stop it before it is done. But I didn’t. I simple accepted His plan.

The Author of salvation is its Finisher. He who began a good work will complete. Praise His name that He did not leave it contingent on me!

No comments: