Tuesday 17 July 2007

God doesn’t give the Spirit by measure

“For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.” - John 3v34

For the first time ever here was one who did not only have the Holy Spirit for a short time or for a once off job, but One who was given the Spirit without measure. All of the godhead dwelt in Jesus bodily. He did not lack anything of God in Him so He was the entire Logos of God made corporal for the world so that He could show God to man. There is no one else like Him, He is all we need.

The more I read about Christ the more I am amazed that when I got saved He came to live and dwell in me. What does that mean for us? It seems clear that we don’t get part of Christ or the Spirit a salvation. It seems to say that we have all we need in Him. We don’t need more of Him – we simply need to yield to His control and let Him reign.

Christ has all of the Holy Spirit. I have all of Christ. I have all I need!

No comments: