Wednesday 4 April 2007

Thy will be done

“Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven”. - Matthew 6v10

We all like to have things done our way. A famous singer was well known for a song called, “I did it my way!”

The last part of the song has these words:

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

What a tragic, empty view of life. The sad thing is, at the end of the day, doing it our way only results in one thing; the ability to say “I did it my way.”

As the children of God we need to acknowledge that God knows better than we do. Our way is not going to be the best way unless we are smarter than God. It is the epitome of arrogance to think that way will and way is better than His will and way.

Do we trust God and His wisdom enough to always say, “Your will be done,” or do we think we have a God we can manipulate to our way of thinking?

No comments: