Monday 9 January 2006

My cry entered into His ears

“In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.” – 2 Samuel 22v7

As David looked back over His life he recalled many times when his life had been in danger. He had times when it seemed like there was no way out. He had learned that in those times he had one thing he could always do, he could always call upon the Lord.

Anyone can call upon the Lord. Most people would do so in times of trouble. Calling upon the Lord is not enough though. Getting His attention is a different matter. David knew that he could not only call out to the Lord, he also knew that God would hear his prayer.

David put it this way, “My cry did enter into His ears.” As I read this I am amazed that God would allow my cries to enter into His ears. After all, this is the God Who created the universe. This is the God Who is holy, holy, holy. This is the God Who dwells in the High and Holy place. Yet, he allows the cries of a sinful man to enter into His ears.
Why would he holy, holy, holy God allow my cries to enter into His ears? There is one reason? He loves me. I am a part of His creation and He loves me so much that He hears my cries in my time of need. What an amazing, loving God we have who would give us an audience and let our cries enter into His ears.

No comments: