Saturday 7 November 2020

By faith Noah

 

By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith – Hebrews 1.7

 

By faith Noah…moved with godly fear, built an ark.

 

What an amazing statement. Though he had never seen rain and though the whole world opposed him, Noah built an ark because he feared God more than he feared man.

 

For about 75 years Noah and his sons laboured to build this great rescue boat to preserve mankind. All the while he was preaching repentance yet no one believed except his own family.

 

No one.

 

But that didn’t stop them. By faith they acted and by faith humanity was preserved. By faith he did his bit, but the world was preserved because of his righteousness.

 

I have to ask myself if my faith drives me to work and to preach. If my faith were real I would know that folks needed the gospel in order to avoid destruction.

 

Give me a little bit of Noah’s faith at work.

No comments: