Saturday 22 February 2020

Boldness

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. – Ephesians 6.19-20

Paul says ‘pray for me that I might speak and that I might boldly make know the mystery of the gospel. I am an ambassador of the gospel. Pray that I may speak boldly because that is how I ought to speak.’

If I could think of anyone who was bold in their proclamation of the gospel it would be Paul.  From the day he got saved he was determined to preach and nothing stopped him. He preached to everyone everywhere without regard to personal repercussions. He certainly seemed bold to me.

And still he asked for more boldness when he asked the Ephesians to pray.

Then I look at me. I certainly would not consider my efforts for the Lord to be bold. When I do get to share it can be with anxiety and fear and timidity. If there is one thing I would ask other to pray for in my witness is that I would be bold to proclaim the good news to those I try to talk to about Christ. I have a lot of opportunities walking Jasper on the canal walks. I have been able to introduce the couple to many folks I talk to, but I rarely have the boldness to proclaim the truth what salvation means, their need of our, and the importance of taking the step of putting their faith in Jesus.

O Lord, give me that boldness as I encounter people today.

No comments: