Thursday 21 November 2019

Holy and blameless

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. – Ephesians 1.3-6

He has chosen before the very foundation of the world that we who are in Christ should be holy and without blame before Him…

Holy and without blame surely does not sound like me today. It seems like a place I could never reach. My flesh keeps getting in the way and I too often yield to it instead of to holiness and blamelessness. I soon realise that I can’t keep myself holy and blameless. I just simply can’t do it on my own. I will fail every time I try it.

But I can be holy and without blame. In fact even though I still struggle with sin today I can be assured that I will be presented that way before God because of the work of Jesus Christ and His shed blood. He stands and will stand in my stead. God’s looks on Jesus and pardons me. I have all holiness and blamelessness of Christ imputed on me.

Now I need, by His strength and mercy, to show those truths in my life to the world around me. I can make holy and blameless choices because of Christ in me. May the world see the holiness of Christ and His blamelessness in me today.

No comments: