Thursday 16 November 2017

The spirit of the holy God

But at last Daniel came before me (his name is Belteshazzar, according to the name of my god; in him is the Spirit of the Holy God), and I told the dream before him, saying: - Daniel 4.8

I love watching Nebuchadnezzar’s quest to find the true God and I love how God’s men had an impact on him and drew him closer and closer. The king had another dream. This happens right in between a real back and forth by the king. If we read it too quickly we could miss it in the story.

It is the king’s description of Daniel that grabbed my attention – ‘in him is the spirit of the Holy God.’ This once again speaks to Daniel’s clear testimony before the king. It was no longer just a difference. It wasn’t just a matter of being smarter and wiser than the staff magicians. Now the king knew the difference. Daniel was different because the spirit of the holy God lived in him.’


I wonder if that is the impression that I give to other when they know me. Does the Holy Spirit shine in my life so that people know He lives in me? Is that what makes me different? Is that what makes me stand out? 

No comments: