Wednesday 6 January 2016

Till the were ended

And Moses spake in the ears of all the congregation of Israel the words of this song, until they were ended.  – Deuteronomy 31.30

Moses was nothing if not faithful. God had given Moses a song which we get to see in chapter 32. I like how Moses carried out his task to speak the words of the song to the very end.

Now this may just be a statement of fact, but I think it is important to note that Moses did not stop half way. He taught the entire song and did not quit until he had it all done.

This reminds me of the New Testament injunction to preach the full counsel of God. We can’t pick and choose what we like and what we don’t like. Moses was faithful to proclaim all that God had said. He stayed at it until it was all done.

I guess the key lesson here for me is the simple lesson to stick with it, don’t quit when it comes to sharing the word of God.

No comments: