Sunday 11 March 2007

If you return to me I will return to you

“Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?” – Malachi 3v7

Today’s thought goes hand in hand with yesterday’s. God said, “I am the Lord, I do not change.” Pure and simple; uncomplicated – God does not change.

So what happens when we don’t feel close to God? What happens when the lines of communication seem broken? What happens when the joy of the Lord seems to have departed? What happens when our Christian life does not seem as vibrant and exciting as it used to?

Lets try to put two and two together here. If our relationship to God is not what it once was, and He never changes – who changed?

Praise God for the knowledge that He is still there, He hasn’t moved. All He is waiting for is for us to return to Him.

No comments: