Tuesday 21 February 2006

Beautiful holiness

“Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.” - 1 Chronicles 16v29

What an amazing them to consider – beautiful holiness. Most of the time people think of holiness as severe and draconian. Yet here we read that holiness is in essence beautiful.

O beautiful holiness, make I see you and nothing less.

As I live in the flesh I am sickened by the filth of this present world. Far too often I let the beautiful holiness slip from my view and let filthy worldliness seep into my life. On one side I see beautiful holiness and on the other side filthy worldliness. Every day my spirit seeks after the beautiful holiness and every day my flesh cries out for the filthy worldliness. It is no wonder that I must be told to walk after the spirit and not after the flesh.

Which will I pursue today - God’s beautiful holiness, or my filthy worldliness?

O beautiful holiness, may I today seek you and nothing less.

No comments: