Monday 26 December 2005

Who am I that Thou hast brought me here?

“Then went king David in, and sat before the LORD, and he said, Who am I, O Lord GOD? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?” - 2 Samuel 7v18

David was far from perfect. He battled with sin and difficulties in his life. However the Bible calls him a man after God’s own heart and here we have part of the reason for that declaration.

David was under no misconceptions. He knew that he deserved nothing. He knew that we could be disobedient and fearful. He knew that at times he did follow the flesh instead of the spirit. He knew, as evidenced by the verse above that he was only wear he was because of the Lord. Here we see David’s humility.

The sooner we learn this lesson the better. Nothing we have is because we deserve it. Who am I that God should send His Son to die for me? Who am I to be allowed to serve Him?

I am nothing – all I have is by God’s mercy and grace.

No comments: