Friday 2 September 2005

Not my will

And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.” - Numbers 16v28

Poor Moses. Of all the leaders I have studied he surely had one of the roughest jobs possible. Trying to lead 4 million complaining, discontent, selfish people would try the patience of the best.

By the time we get to Numbers 16 open rebellion has broken out. A group of leaders come to Moses with a coup d’etat in mind. They are disgruntled with the way things are going and are demanding a change.

The problem here was not a rejection of Moses – it was a rejection of God. Moses was not doing his own work, or even his own will. Remember what happened when God first called Moses? All Moses could do was to try to “get out of it.”

When we serve God and follow His word and His way there is going to be opposition. We can just expect it. We can take comfort in what Moses said, “I have not done this of my own mind (will)”

No comments: