Tuesday 9 August 2005

Show me Your way

“Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, show me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.” - Exodus 33:13

Moses was still perplexed by the situation. Things were not going the way he expected. He was doing his best to lead Israel and represent them before God and God before Israel. God was angry at the people and the people were angry at God. When God called Moses to meet Him the nation held their collective breath as Moses entered the tabernacle and cloud indicating God’s presence descended there.

Moses did the wise thing. He simply prayed and asked God for His direction. “Lord, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me Your way.” All through the Bible we find God’s people praying for His direction in times of trouble. Moses did not know what to do, so he asked God.

We all come to time in our lives when we just don’t know what to do. Circumstances have puzzled and frustrated us. Our faith is not matching up with our sight. We are fortunate today that God has given us His direction in His written Word. God has laid out His principles and guidelines and all we need do is to follow them. “Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.” God’s Word shows us God’s way.

The Bible does not always tell us what to do in every situation. When that happens, God does not leave us clueless. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

God does not want us to be clueless as to His direction for our lives. May we have the wisdom to seek God’s way no matter what we face today.

No comments: